Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Year of 100 Films

Hi. My name's Jake and I'm a photo/film enthusiast from Nashville, TN. Last month, I made a major life decision. What is this high magnitude resolution, you may ask? Well, allow me to tell you...

I'm going to film school.

I'll officially enroll in fall of 2012, which leaves roughly sixteen months until I ship out to the coast to begin formal education under the silver screen. Chasing a film degree offers many new and exciting opportunities as I pursue my dream of using film to inspire social change. I'm very ambitious for what the future holds, but for now, I'm realizing that God still has a few plans for me before I begin my next phase of life. As I continue to learn how my passions can make a difference in my community, I've decided to set a particular goal to make myself an even more dynamic disciple of the photoplay.

Over the year to come, I'm taking on the American Film Institute's Top 100 Movies.  Yes, from Ben-Hur to Citizen Kane, I will be scoping a century worth of America's greatest films and blogging my way through the journey. I hope you'll join me as I pay homage to Coppola, Hepburn, and the other heroes of latest cinematic centennial.



Quickly, go grab your candy and popcorn. The trailers are over, the lights have dimmed, and the show's about to start!

Welcome to The Year of 100 Films.

No comments:

Post a Comment